Sunday, November 30, 2008

Fonts of Fancy

See that whimsical font used to spell out "beansprouts" up there? I have to thank Mr. Kevin King for that. I was brainstorming for ideas that would spark a change in direction in my blog (the results of which you see on your screen before you). As soon as I saw this font, "Kingthings Annex", I could see it in the new header I was designing in my head. Kevin is quite a creative dude; check out his site for some fantastic fonts, and have a peek at his brilliant artwork. Such talent, and he's a right nice chap. Polite. Genuine. Took the time to email me back after I sent him a slightly eccentric note regarding his web site. I tend to get really silly in the wee small hours of the morning, which is when I happened across his work. I gushed and probably embarrassed him. I embarrassed myself. But, ya know what? Life is too short not to say what you feel, even if it is a bit silly. If you appreciate something, or someone...show it.

It's 3:30 a.m. I'd best get to bed before I prove to any potential readers just how silly I can get at this hour.

No comments: