Monday, November 14, 2011

Here's the doozy of a post...as promised over a year ago.

I dunno what happened; the year got away from me without a post. I hope that this one will make up for it.

If anyone ever told me that I'd be a spokesperson for anything, there was a time when quiet, shy, reserved me wouldn't even have the nerve to laugh in their face. Now, however, not only am I a spokesperson, I represent a revolution!

I am the 99%. I am what democracy looks like. I "twinkle" when I like something. In the cold and the rain and the wet and the wind of an early winter, I am living in a tent in a camp with electricity from a generator that is run for only a few hours a day. And I've never been happier. How could that possibly be?

It all started just over a month ago, when I was compelled to march with in solidarity with the Occupy Wall Street movement in my local community of Bellingham, Washington. I was swept into something much bigger, meeting new best friends and friends I've had again and again in this wild, wacky, and mysterious cosmos. I've experienced magic in this little rag-tag camp of amazing young people and dynamic individuals who make up oh, so much more than the sum of their parts. We are changing things. Changing ourselves. Becoming the change we wish to see in the world. And it all seems to blossom and grow, flourishing with the nurturing of the Oneness of the camp.

That's not to say that living here is all Bavarian Bismarcks from Rocket Donuts and a lovely cuppa tea from Woods (where cold revolutionaries go to charge their cell phones and other 'lectronics). It's hard work to keep the Occupy movement going, as it is primarily double in scope for me; creating an awareness of the situation with the banks and corporations in order to bring about the necessary separation of the greed and corruption of the 1% from our democratic process, and to keep the camp running...to avoid losing valuable members of our community. To be sure my new family has enough to eat and dry socks and "austerity blankets", the blankets most of us wear about our shoulders as an additional layer against the cold that settled into camp as soon as we did. Layers are our friends. I am determined to make long johns (thermal underwear) a staple in every woman's winter wardrobe.

We do phenomenal things here. We are feeding, clothing, and sheltering the homeless. We are dealing with scary-ass situations with peace and love. Compassion and non-violence. The diversity in our camp is rainbows and thunderstorms and sunshine. Meadows and badlands. Oceans and deserts. And yet, somehow, with all the little niggly things you'll encounter in any and every family, we have come together to support one another completely as we, the Whole, support the other Occupy movements that are popping up all over the globe. Thank Cow! We're way past due for a decent revolution. And that is indeed what this is. Welcome to an inside seat to what it's like to be changing the government, just as our ancestors did when it became necessary to right the injustices of the corrupt.

Stay tuned as I blog what it's like to be on the front lines of a peaceful war against the lies, the greed, the slavery, the dumbing-down, the selfishness of those who perpetuate hate and fear. I am a love-based Being, determined to win this fight to create a better world for my granddaughter, for my Mother Earth, and for you. Doing that is the hard thing that requires the sacrifices I am honoured to make with my new comrades at our camp, Noisy Waters, in Bellingham. Namaste'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I support you, Tee! -Hagrid